Safeguarding Your Privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. In order to protect your privacy, Spartina 449 provides this policy to describe the information we collect, how we use it, how we protect it, and the various choices you may elect concerning your information. Spartina 449 reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for any changes. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the “Last Updated” date below.
Effective: August 2013 Last Updated: January 28, 2020
Personal Information Collected
Website Purchases. You may be asked to voluntarily provide Personal Information to make purchases or to have access to some features of our site. We use your Personal Information to process your orders and administer your account. You may always refuse to provide your Personal Information, but this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain products or services.
On some pages our visitors can submit comments or ask questions. We also collect Personal Information when you send us emails containing questions or requests. We only save Personal Information associated with questions and requests in our customer service database (unless otherwise stated herein, data which does not expire and is retained) in order to respond to those questions and requests, and to better serve you when responding to any questions or requests you may have in the future.
eCatalog Requests.The names and mailing addresses submitted by visitors who request a printed catalog are used to mail the catalog only. Your email address is used to send an electronic copy and will be kept for the email marketing program described below. If you would like to remove your name and address from our catalog mailing list, please send an Unsubscribe Request through our Contact Form Please include your full name, email address and phone number
Emails. Some of our pages allow visitors to register to receive periodic emails from us. We do not automatically subscribe you to any marketing or promotional campaigns. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by completing an Unsubscribe Request or by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail.
Your Account. When you register with us, Spartina 449 Customer Service collects some Personal Information in order to save preferences. At any time you may choose to update or remove set preferences on your account.
Social Networking Sites. Our website may offer discussion forums, message boards, social networking opportunities, chat pages and other public forums or features in which you may provide Personal Information, materials and related content. If you submit Personal Information when using these public features, please note that such Personal Information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed and used without limitation or restriction. Spartina 449 is not responsible for your privacy when using Social Media.
Special Offers Spartina 449 may use your Personal Information to notify you about special offers, promotions, and news that may be of interest to you. These notifications may be sent via email or mail.
Our Promotional Partners
We may establish relationships with third-party companies whose privacy policies are consistent with ours. In such cases, we may rent, exchange or share your contact information to enable such entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of in interest to you.
Our Service Providers
We may contract with third-party companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, etc. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information.
Spartina 449’s web servers collect the domain names of visitors to our website, however, they do not recognize individual email addresses. Aggregate information showing the IP addresses and/or domain names of visitors, the number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed, etc. is collected and used only for internal review to measure the overall use of our website and provide direction for its continuous improvement. This information is not sold to or shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
Spartina 449 utilizes appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to guard our online visitors' Personal Information against unauthorized access and use, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect credit card data transmission during online store purchases. All Personal Information is stored on secured servers, behind a firewall at a data center with access to data strictly controlled and all information is protected by Spartina 449 security measures.
Opting Out Of Marketing
Consumers have a right to opt out of having their data shared with Third Party Marketing Partners for commercial purposes If you do not wish to receive marketing from us, please let us know. You can contact us by phone or email. Please be sure to provide us with your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive.
If you would like to be added to the National Do Not Mail List, you can contact the Direct Marketing Association by sending a letter plus a $1 check or money order to: DMA Mail Preference Service PO Box 643 Carmel, New York 10512
Inquiries - Contact Us
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from visitors, users and customers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category: A. Identifiers
Examples: First and last name, postal address, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol identifier, email address, or other similar identifiers.
Category: B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Examples: A name, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
Category: C. Commercial Information
Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Category: D. Internet or other similar network activity
Examples: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
Category: E. Geolocation data
Examples: Physical location or movements.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
To operate the Site, to authorize access to our Site, to fulfill your order, to inform you about products available from Spartina 449, to validate your identity, to manage your preferences, to communicate about promotions, events and other offers, to facilitate interest-based marketing, to improve customer service, to respond to and support users regarding their use of the Site, to investigate possible fraud, for any other purpose that is disclosed at the point of collection of the personal information
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to promotional partners or service providers for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
• We may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
• We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
• From time to time we may share, exchange and/or cross-reference our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
• Additionally, we may share email addresses that have been provided to us by our registered users, with third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges, to serve targeted advertisements to you about our goods and services.
• In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our website or both of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA grants specific rights to California consumers regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights.
• Right to Access Your Data. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
• Right to Data Portability. You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Information that you have submitted to us.
• Right to Delete Your Data. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
•Right to opt out of having your data shared with Third Party Marketing Partners for commercial purposes
• Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
To exercise your rights as described above, you can contact us by one of the methods below.
If you have questions about your personal information, please contact us:
By Mail: Spartina 449 ATTN: CCPA 10 Buck Island Road Bluffton, South Carolina 29910
Our Response to Your Request
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
• Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with a legal obligation; or
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.