Warehouse Sale FAQ
Welcome to the Spartina 449 Warehouse Sale Frequently Asked Questions page. Here you will find useful answers and information regarding the upcoming 7th Annual Warehouse Sale. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact customer service at 843.681.8860.
Scroll down or click on one of the questions below to find your answers.
Where is the 7th Annual Spartina 449 Warehouse Sale?
What types of tickets will be available?
Can I get a refund for my ticket purchase?
Will I have to stand in line? Do I have to be on time?
Do I have to bring my online, digital ticket to the sale?
Can I bring my children? What is the cost for children?
Will there be indoor seating?
Will there be outdoor seating?
Will there be bathrooms on site?
Will there be refreshments?
Will merchandise be replenished?
Are there maximums?
What charities can we donate to?
Who can I contact for more information?
WHERE IS THE 7TH ANNUAL SPARTINA 449 WAREHOUSE SALE?
The Warehouse Sale will be located at Hilton Head Island High School, 70 Wilborn Road, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926. Google map it here.
WHAT TYPES OF TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE?
There are 4 types as described below:
- $5.00 Online/Advance Tickets: First-come, first-serve. Online sales begin promptly at 12:00 noon on June 4, 2019. A maximum of 5 tickets will be available for purchase per each transaction. Names of all attendees will be required and proof of ID may be required upon entrance.
- $5.00 At the Door Tickets: Space willing, only after online sales close; only sold for time slots between 1:30pm and 5:30pm on both Friday and Saturday.
- Free Admission Tickets: Tickets are free at the door beginning at 6:00 pm on both Friday and Saturday; first-come, first-serve. You'll be able to line up at any time for this admission; we'll only assign tickets as needed at these hours. Tickets are also free at the door Sunday, June 30, from 1:00pm until 5:00pm. Please line up at the door for admission; first-come, first-serve.
- No Shows: Tickets can be resold, space willing and only if available, for $10 each.
CAN I GET A REFUND FOR MY TICKET PURCHASE?
No. All tickets are non-refundable. All ticket sales are final. Proceeds will be donated to charity.
WILL I HAVE TO STAND IN LINE? DO I NEED TO BE ON TIME?
- For Online/Advance Tickets: You'll need to line up outside according to your ticket time slot. Please be prepared; you may have to wait for a period outdoors. Placards/signage will indicate where to stand. Within each time grouping, there will be no assigned place in line. We ask that you line up single file.
- For At the Door Tickets: As available, you'll be required to line up to purchase a ticket.
- For Free Admission Tickets: Admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may have to stand in line to get your ticket.
- You must be on time! If you are late for your ticketed entrance time, you run the risk of being bumped back until later in the afternoon of that day, at the discretion of event organizers. No exceptions.
DO I HAVE TO BRING MY ONLINE, DIGITAL TICKET TO THE SALE?
You must either bring a print of your online ticket confirmation or you may bring your e-ticket confirmation on your cell phone/tablet. Also, please bring a photo ID.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN? WHAT IS THE COST FOR CHILDREN?
- Yes, you can bring your children, but this sale is designed to be a fun, shopping experience for adults. Space is limited and shoppable areas are confining. If children cause a distraction or a problem for other shoppers, at the observation of event organizers, you will be asked to escort them out of the sale area.
- At the Door Tickets for children ages 12 and under are free. For ages 13+, tickets are $5.00.
- Online/Advance Tickets are $5 for all ages 13+.
WILL THERE BE INDOOR SEATING?
We will make every effort to accommodate as many people as possible for indoor seating in the waiting area (capacity indoors is approximately 300). However, this indoor seating will only be offered as available, to be determined by event organizers, and approximately 30 minutes ahead of your time-slot. There may also be "assigned seating" once indoors. If we cannot accommodate you indoors, you must wait outside.
WILL THERE BE OUTDOOR SEATING?
There will be very limited shade and only a few chairs available. Please be prepared for summer weather. Please dress appropriately (cool comfortable clothing and shoes, sun protection, water recommended.)
WILL THERE BE BATHROOMS ON SITE?
There will be one restroom available before hand, and multiple bathrooms available by the indoor cafeteria.
WILL THERE BE REFRESHMENTS?
No. Please be prepared in advance. Water fountains are available in hallways.
WILL MERCHANDISE BE REPLENISHED?
Merchandise will be replenished at various times throughout Friday and Saturday, while supplies last. Whatever is remaining will be sold on Sunday.
ARE THERE MAXIMUMS?
For 2019, maximums will be imposed on a variety of pieces. A maximum of 10 pieces of each category will be imposed per customer, but that number may change closer to the date, at event organizer's discretion.
WHAT CHARITIES CAN WE DONATE TO?
All ticket holders will be supporting the Daufuskie Island Historic Foundation, Spartina 449’s main charity, with fifty percent of the net proceeds from the purchase of each Warehouse Sale ticket. In addition, all ticket holders get to choose which charity will receive the remaining fifty percent of the net proceeds from their ticket purchase. Please choose which of the following charities you’d like to support:
- Hilton Head Heroes The mission at Hilton Head Heroes is to bring families with children suffering from life threatening illnesses to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina for a resort vacation. Children are referred to the program through doctors, healthcare providers and hospital administrators. The families are housed in the Hilton Head HERO house located in Sea Pines Resort. They are given gift certificates to local restaurants, grocery stores as well as island amenities. Founded in 1998 by family entertainer Gregg Russell and his wife Lindy, Hilton Head Heroes was born out of a desire to help very ill children and their entire family enjoy a vacation that would not be ordinarily possible, to recharge as a family.
- Lowcountry Legal Volunteers The consequences for a family in crisis and/or a family without the economic means to secure proper legal counsel are often devastating with generational dysfunction being the result. The absence of fathers, children in chaos, and mothers on difficult life paths lead to pain and lack of hope for restoring family balance. Therefore, Lowcountry Legal Volunteers is committed to listening to clients' objectives, offering sound legal advice, assisting clients to navigate the complex legal system, and helping families back on their feet. Major areas of assistance include family law, life and future planning, and housing and consumer maters. Financial eligibility for services is based on the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines published by the Department of Health and Human Services, which are equivalent to 150% of the current federal poverty level and are based on individual income and the number of members in the immediate household.